Look out for the changes below in our HungerCount release on Friday, March 1, 2019!
This section was removed from the HungerCount survey last year, but has been added back this year. It includes:
- Post-Secondary Student
- Self-Identifies As
For Single Parent and Two-Parent, the word "Guardian" was added.
- This is still being automatically calculated in the back end of the system. Click here for more information.
Household Primary Source
There is a new type called "Child Canada Benefit" on the HungerCount survey.
Network Administrators will need to assign to parent type to any existing income sources that match that or can create a new one. Click here for instructions.
This section was removed from the HungerCount survey last year, but has been added back this year.
- Social Housing was changed to Social Rental Housing
- Youth Home was changed to Group Home / Youth Shelter
- Other has also been added.
This is a NEW part of the HungerCount survey
This is an existing section in Link2Feed that some food banks are already tracking. It is an optional question when recording a visit to a household's profile.
Feed Ontario (formerly Ontario Association of Food Banks) would like all of their members to have this option available in their system. Link2Feed will be enabling this for them.
If you are outside of Feed Ontario and:
- ARE currently tracking this field, please ensure that the options you currently have listed match the options in the HungerCount survey. Click here for instructions on how to make any changes
- ARE NOT currently tracking this field, but want to, please submit a support ticket to have someone on our team enable this field for you.
Total Households Served
- This section is still not a part of the HungerCount survey, but will remain at the bottom of the report.
- The section will reflect the unique count, not duplicated.