Barcode scanning allows users to record visits just by scanning a barcode that is associated with a client's profile.
Any standard barcode scanner can be used to do this. You can also use a camera in a device (ex. cell phone, tablet) to scan.
How to Enable
The following has to be done by a Network Administrator.
Enable "ID Type" (Scanner and Camera)
- For all forms of barcode scanning, the field "ID Type" must be enabled
- If you have this field enabled, see "Add Identification Field" below
- If you do not have this field enabled, contact support to enable it for you
- NOTE: It will enable for all agencies in a network
Add Identification Field (Scanner and Camera)
- Go to Administration, Lists
- Click on the orange edit icon beside "Identification"
- Click on the "New Option"
- You can name the label whatever you'd like, but the parent type has to be "Barcode"
- Save your changes
Enable Camera Scanner
- Go to Administration, Organizations
- Select the Organization you want to enable camera scanning for
- Go To Profile, Intake Organization Profile
- Check "Use Camera Barcode Scanning"
- Save your changes
How to Use
Adding Barcode to Client Profile
A barcode ID needs to be added to the client's profile to be scanned against.
- Select the Barcode ID type that was created.
- Put your mouse into the "Confirmation" text box.
- Saving Barcode Number
- If using scanner, scan the barcode. The numbers will automatically be entered into that field
- If using a camera, click on "Scan Barcode"
- This will turn on your device camera. Hold the barcode in front of the camera to complete the scan.
- Save your changes.
Searching with Barcode
The Barcode search tab will automatically be visible once a Barcode ID type has been added.
- Select the Barcode search tab
- Scan the client's barcode and you will be brought directly to their profile.
Barcode Scanning Can ALSO Be Used in Combination With:
Barcode Formats Supported
The two scanning codes currently supported for camera scanning are CODE 128 and CODE 39. Link2Feed can enable these additional formats if requested EAN, EAN 8, UPC-A, UPC-C, I2of5, 2of5, CODE 93 and CODABAR.
The handheld scanning option supports any scanning option your handheld scanner supports.